We produce about 25% more trash between Thanksgiving and New Year’s, so seek out ways to cut back while saving time and money along the way. Some ideas:
- Recycle rather than trash your tree (visit earth911.com to find a local treecycling location).
- Wrap gifts in last year’s holiday paper, leftover fabric, or newspaper (newspaper will give it a nice vintage flair).
- Turn off or unplug holiday lights during the day to save energy and make them last longer.
- Skip paper greeting cards and send e-cards.
- Consider making handmade gifts (you can never go wrong with homemade cookies) rather than store-bought.
Read the 60+ more tips on MSN! Happy Holiday Season!