The German version of pasta salad using spaetzle, summer vegetables, and a light vinaigrette. Perfect at a summer barbecue. Thanks to Germanfoods.org for the recipe!
Ingredients (serves 4)
– 1 box box German spätzle 9 ounces
– 2 small zucchini
– 1 medium red bell pepper
– 1-1/2 cups diced eggplant
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 2 tablespoons German white vinegar
– 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil plus more to garnish if desired
– salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook spätzle in salted, boiling water according to package directions. Drain and let cool.
2. Meanwhile, trim and dice zucchini; seed and dice red bell pepper.
3. Combine pasta and diced vegetables in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, basil, and salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad and toss well. Season with more salt and pepper if necessary. Serve salad at room temperature or chilled.